Sunday, July 7, 2013

Final Day at Dad's

Sniff, sniff.  It's our last day at Dad's.  Today I got some cinnamon rolls baked and Mike got some little things done on Dad's car that he wanted checked.

Once again I am so happy with the results of my dough for the cinnamon rolls.  It really turned out soft, moist and fluffy.


Mike is so jealous.  He gets this same way every year.  He pouts because he says that I never make him these things at home.  Well, this year we are both on diets.  Does he seriously think I am going to be made to feel so guilty that I will relent and bake him all the same goodies as my Dad gets once we get home????  NOT!!!!!  Dad sure is thankful for them though.  

Yup, I put these in ziplocks bags too and put them in the freezer downstairs.  It's getting pretty difficult finding room in that freezer.  At least I know Dad will have goodies at least until Christmas.  

Since it is our last day at Dad's we spent the rest of the day and evening just visiting with him.  We said our goodbyes around 9:30 p.m. and will leave Dickinson tomorrow morning.  Love my Dad so very much and will miss him terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment