Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Busy Day 1 at Dad's

Got to Dad's at our regular time, about 10:30 this morning.  Got a busy day ahead of us.  I am going to get started on baking cookies for Dad and Mike is going to get started on pruning and trimming the bushes in Dad's yard.

Dad already made the rhubarb jam, so all I have to do is pack up the two batches he is giving me.  Now to get busy on those cookies.  Going to make him his favorites, Oatmeal, Date, Pecan cookies.

Got a few dozen for him.  Bagged them all up in ziplock bags and put them in the freezer while they were still slightly warm.  Should taste really good and fresh when he takes them out to eat them in the next few months.

Mike got started on the bushes in the front of Dad's house.  He did most of them and then decided to take a break.  Note to self:  do NOT hit the on switch of the electric hedge trimmer while your finger is in the blade portion.  OMG!!!!!  I felt Mike should go to the Emergency Room to have stitches (which is exactly what he needed).  But NO, he just wanted me to clean it up and put a bandaid on it.  Gee, do you actually think he should have maybe gone the route I wanted him to take?????  Especially when he was going out of the house to go sit in the garage and began running into things because he was going into shock and was getting ready to pass out!!!!   I got him to a chair and got him some cold water to drink and that was it.  No hospital for Dr. Mike!!!!!

Needless to say, all work ended for all of us.  We spent the rest of the evening sitting and visiting.  Sometimes I wonder about the man that I married.  Sheesh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment