Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Little Bit of Touring Around the Bremerton Area

Since Larry and his folks are going to their church today and won't be back until early afternoon, Mike and I decided that we would do some things on our own.  Went to mass in Poulsbo and then headed into Old Poulsbo to go to the fabric store I have going to for the past two years.  I couldn't believe it when we walked in and they had less than half of their inventory!  They are closing their doors because the ladies that own the shop are planning to retire.  I will sorely miss this shop.  They have awesome fabric.  I did purchase a few items and then we went down the street to Mike's favorite shop, "The Cargo Hold." It is a shop full of nautical and Naval items.  We purchased several things for the motorhome.  I have decided to change my decorating decor to represent us better.  The motorhome is now going to be know as our Land Yacht.  So we purchased a brass plaque for the bathroom door that says "Head," some anchor robe hooks, and a couple of new keychains for our motorhome keys.  I am going to have so much fun with this decor!  Can't wait to get home and get it all started!

From Poulsbo we drove over to Port Orchard to find a fabric store I have been planning to go to for almost a year.  Found it, and boy did I spend a bundle!  Mike is going to get five new shirts as well as a couple of new pairs of shorts.  At least this way he can't complain about how much I spent.  See, my old brain is still working!!!!

As we were driving over to Port Orchard we had the perfect picture opportunity to take pictures of the Naval ships in the Bremerton Ship Yards.  Such an awesome sight.  Once you've been in the Navy, it never gets out of your system!


I know one of those carriers is the USS Ronald Reagan, but I am not sure which one.

We drove over to Larry and Wendy's apartment and spent the rest of the day visiting and playing cards.  Went out to dinner at Red Robin.  That turned out to be a horrible fiasco.  Took forever to get our food.  Once we got it it was ice cold.  Even the cheese was congealed.  Yuck.  We got new food and the manager paid for everything.  Love Red Robin.  They stand behind their product and service and make it right when things go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment