Monday, June 17, 2013

Cummins Please Be Kind - Vacation 2013

June 17, 2013 - Vacation 2013

Woke up to an awful noise this morning.  Oh, it is only the alarm clock.  Hate those things but have got to get cleaned up and dressed early so that we can go into the Cummins office to talk to the service manager.  They are expecting us because of the wonderful lines of communication yesterday.  Yay!

OK, now what??  Oh we get to sit in the customers lounge while they analyze what is wrong with our motorhome.  At least it has really nice comfy black leather chairs, a TV, and a fridge full of soda and water! 

The luster has worn off of the perks in the customer lounge.  Yes, the chairs are comfy, but you stick to them if you are wearing shorts.  Yes, the fridge has cold diet sodas, but the date on the can is over a year old and they taste like it.  Yes, the TV has multiple channels to choose from, but it is Dish Network and not DirecTV and I cannot figure out how this stupid remote works.  Hopefully Mike will come back here soon and show me how this dang thing works!!!

It's past 9:30 a.m. and they haven't even started on our motorhome yet.  They have talked to Mike and let him know what they think it could be, but of course they haven't done anything to confirm their suspicions yet.  At least Mike came back into the lounge and showed me how the stupid remote works. 

Getting hungry and all of our food is in the motorhome that I am unable to access.  Hmmmmm, I recall a Carl's Jr. down the road a bit.  Maybe Mike would like some breakfast?????

Yup, he started drooling as soon as I asked him if he wanted me to drive over to Carl's Jr. and get some breakfast.  On the way I noticed a billboard sign that was advertising an egg white egg mcmuffin at McDonald's.  Since we are both doing Weight Watchers I thought, hey why not?  Pulled into the McDonald's.  That was a huge mistake.  I stood in line and waited and waited.  One register open, old guy who already ordered and paid for his food wouldn't move from his position by the counter right in front of the register.  McDonald's employee doesn't have the sense to ask the old guy to move to the side to wait for his food so she can wait on other customers.  She just stands there and looks around at everyone.  Little boy walks up to the counter and stands beside old guy.  McDonald's employee asks him if she can help him.  Never mind that there are three people in line waiting behind old guy.  Little boy tells McDonald's employee that he wants three breakfast burritos.  She taps the order into her register, collects the money from little boy and gets him his food.  Old guy finally gets his food.  McDonald's employee looks at me finally and asks me if she can help me.  I ask her where they have the breakfast menu posted because it is nowhere to be seen.  She looks at me like I am an alien from another planet and then turns to her manager and asks if they are still serving breakfast.  McDonald's manager tells me they are no longer serving breakfast (it is 10:00 a.m.), but she can check to see if they have anything left over in the back.  Ummmmm, let me think!!!!!!!  NO!!!!!!!  Turned and walked out and got in my car.  Drove down the street a little further and pulled into Carl's Jr.  Guess what?  They are still serving breakfast!  Ordered our food, paid for it and got back in the car.  Drove back to Cummins.  Mike is still sitting in the Customer's lounge and they still haven't started working on our motorhome yet!

After eating our wonderfully greasy, calorie ridden breakfast Mike left the lounge to go talk to the service manager and I sat and watched TV.  Mike came back in and informed me that they had finally started working on our motorhome and asked me if I wanted to drive over to the mall and do some shopping while he sat there in the lounge.  Well now, you don't have to ask me twice.  I knew I fell in love with that man for a reason.  So I took the car and left.

Three hours later, I arrived back at the Cummins repair facility.  Mike was shocked, I came back and didn't spend a penny.  Yes, three hours of shopping and I didn't buy a thing.  Could it be I was a bit worried about what the bill for this repair is going to be and our vacation is just starting??????

Looks like they found the problem and are repairing it.  Guess this little motorhome of ours has two fuel pumps.  The initial pump gave up the ghost.  Of course, now we get to worry a little bit more.  They informed us that some times when the initial pump goes out, the secondary pump can get damaged.  Keeping fingers crossed that that is not the scenario.  I am seeing $$$$$$$$  flying out the window!!!! 

New initial fuel pump installed.  Service manager taking motorhome out for test drive to see if all is ok.  Prayers, prayers, prayers. 

Service manager is back and he says all looks ok thus far.  OK, now pay the bill!!  OUCH!!!!  $1000 later we have a lovely piece of paper in our hands saying that the motorhome has been repaired.  Guess what, it is past 6:00 p.m.  Too late to get back out on the road.  So we are going to spend another lovely night in the Cummins parking lot.  Oh joy!

Please let tomorrow bring smiles and joy back into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment