Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday in the Upper Great Northwest

Wendy and Larry had things they needed to get done today, so Mike and I decided to take the day and do some touristy type stuff.
We went to the Poulsbo Farmers Market this morning.  A little on the small scale, but tasty offerings none-the-less.  But talk about the Birkenstocks/Hemp crowd!!!!  I felt like I was immersed in Santa Fe, New Mexico again.  Yikes!!!!  Mike got really grossed out when he saw one woman with hairier legs than his along with more armpit hair than he has ever had.  Yuck!!!!! 
After the Farmers Market I wanted to head to this particular fabric store that I visited earlier this week.  One of my friends from my embroidery club asked me to check it out for some 50's rock and roll style fabric.  So I went to check to see if they had any and sadly they didn't.  Sorry Angie, I tried.
Then we went a checked out a couple of other gift shops and antique malls.  Lo and behold, we actually made it back to the car without spending another penny.  How that happened, I am unprepared to explain at this point in time.
Next item on our agenda for the day?  Head to Port Angeles and Port Townsend to taste wines at the 8 local wineries listed in the flier we picked up.  Little did we know when we started out that Port Angeles is more than 50 miles away.  Oh well, as I stated when we finally found the first winery, "they better have some good wines for this lengthy drive out here."
You will notice that I stated "we finally found."  Yes that is so right.  Talk about out of the way, obscure signs and buildings. Wow!  These wineries were not easy to find.  Out of the 8, we actually only found three.  And the wines?  Not that great!  Alot of dry reds.  And for those of you who know us well, Mike and I are really sweet while wine drinkers.  The third winery was the best.  A very small operation, but fantastic wines.  In addition to the fantastic wines, they only charge $2.00 for tasting.  Not $5.00 like the others.  And their wines were very reasonably priced, the most expensive being $10.99.  Oh, the name of this winery you may be asking?  Black Diamond Winery.  They even have a web site www.blackdiamondwinery.com.  I bought four bottles of wine there.  Awesome.  Can't wait for my weekly visit at Jennifer's house to begin my consumption of these tasty liquids!
After wine tasting, we decided to head back to the motorhome here in Poulsbo.  Just reheated good old Domino's Pizza in the nuker and then just sitting back and relaxing. Nice.  Tomorrow we get to go spend the entire day with the kids!!!!!  Wendy doesn't have to go to work, so we will get to spend the whole day with her.  Tomorrow will be stellar!!!  Hurry up.  Get here.  We love our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment