Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wendy, Larry and Hana Arrived Today!

Wendy, Larry and Hana arrived at my Dad's house in Dickinson today.  I could not wait to get my little Granddaughter out of her car seat and into my arms.  To my surprise, she let me take her out and hold her and she didn't squirm out of my arms.  It has been six months since we last saw her and she made me feel as if she hasn't forgotten me at all.  She is just so sweet and so special. 
I got all of the baking done for my dad yesterday.  I baked him cinnamon rolls, caramel rolls, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal date cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies.  His freezer is once again well stocked with goodies.  Mike finished all of the chores on his list as well.  He pruned all of the bushes and trees, changed the oil and did all of the car service checks on my dad's car, and replaced a ceiling light fixture.  And people think we actually are on vacation when we come to North Dakota.  Really?????
My Dad decided that Larry and Wendy should have homemade rhubarb strawberry jelly and homemade rhubarb sauce to take to their new home in Washington.  So he picked all of the rhubarb in his garden.  Mike, Larry and I cleaned it all and Mike and I cut it into pieces.  Then Dad gave me the recipe cards so that I could make the sauce and the jelly.  Of course there was plenty of rhubarb so that I could also make jelly and sauce for him as well as jelly for Mike and me.  So needless to say, my chores have not ended yet.  Maybe tomorrow when I get the jelly done?  One can only hope.
Thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my little Hana while her mommy and daddy went and did a little shopping with Mike.  I am just a very proud Grandma.  Had such a nice visit with Wendy and Larry when they returned.  I can't believe how much Wendy has grown up in the past year.  It truly is a wonder what motherhood will do to a person. 
Of course, I also thoroughly enjoyed whooping her in a game of pool too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment