Friday, June 17, 2011

Visiting with Dad

My Dad is 87 years old and he never ceases to amaze me!  The last time I saw my Dad was 2 years ago and I couldn't get over how much he seemed to have aged in the one year that I had not seen him.  Now it has been 2 and I swear he has gotten younger!  He just doesn't seem to age.  I thank God for that!  I love my Dad and want him around for as long as the good Lord will allow me.
Went grocery shopping with Dad this morning so that he could pick up all of the ingredients for things that he wants me to make for him while I am here.  Needless to say, for all of you who have heard our stories from past visits, these ingredients included lots of flour, sugar, yeast and chocolate chips.  So you know his freezer will once again be stocked with chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal date cookies, and cinnamon rolls before I leave. 
After we got back to his house and unpacked all of the groceries and put them away, Mike suggested we go for a little ride and check out where this other campground we heard about is.  So we all piled into the little Geo and drove down to the southwest side of town and checked out Camp on the Heart.  It really is quite a bit nicer than Northpark.  We are unsure as to whether we will camp there as the price is a bit higher than Northpark.  From Camp on the Heart we continued our little drive about town by heading to this little fabric store I found in the phone book.  Dakota Sew and So is the name.  I went in and Mike and Dad stayed outside in the car.  I was the only customer in the whole place.  Found two fabrics I just had to get.  So I got a yard of each and left the store.  We then went to lunch at Subway.  We got there just in the nick of time.  After we got our food, the girls' basketball team from South Heart came in.  This was in addition to all of the other customers who were there getting lunch..  The three girls preparing the sandwiches were just running.  Wow!  It was unbelievable.  Mike and I remarked how good they were at keeping the line moving.  Believe it or not, they got through that entire line in less than 15 minutes.  It truly was remarkable.  We finished eating and as we were leaving, another bus full of girls from Linton High School started lining up to order their food.  Unbelievable.  Those girls sure earned their wages today!
We then drove around a little bit more and then drove back to Dads' house.  We went downstairs to my favorite room, the rec room and listened to Dad's stories.  What an enjoyable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment