Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. I think the last time I was able to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad was when I was 18 years old.  Needless to say, that was a long time ago.  Started out the day with my Dad coming out to the campground to have a special breakfast with us in our motorhome.  I made my famous crescent breakfast sandwiches.  Of course we started out with toasting Father's Day with a Bloody Mary.  After breakfast we cleaned everything up and then headed over to my Dad's house for the day.
A very good friend of Mike's, Walt Heath telephoned Mike and let him know that he and his family are on 30 minute mandatory evacuation notice due to the Memorial Fire located near their home in Sierra Vista, Arizona.  This is so absolutely devastatingly unbelievable!  Walt just retired a couple of months before Mike did.  This is no way to enjoy a person's retirement, by worrying that they may lose everything.  Mike and I are both praying very hard for Walt and Bea's safety as well as the fire not coming anywhere near their property!!!!  Please Lord up above, hear us loud and clear!!!!!
As I mentioned earlier, once we cleaned up the breakfast dishes we headed to my Dad's house for the day.  Yesterday Mike started pruning the bushes and hedges surrounding my Dad's house and today he finished the last three that he needed to complete.  The only tree left is the apple tree.  Mike would have completed that task if it hadn't started to rain.  You sure don't want to be using electric power tools when it is raining with lightening and thunder.  A little bit of a death wish if you do.
Wendy, Larry and Hana called to wish Mike a Happy Father's Day.  We thought they were still down by Mount Rushmore and would be heading to the Kilzer farm near Lemmon, South Dakota tomorrow.  We were wrong.  They had already finished their visit to Mount Rushmore and arrived today at the Kilzer farm.  They will be spending the next couple of days visiting with Mike's sister Katherine and brother-in-law Bob, and then they will be heading to Dickinson where we will be able to see them and spend five days with them while they are here visiting my Dad.
We had dinner this evening with Dad.  My cousin Clare Ann had given my Dad some homemade sausage that she and her husband had made using her Dad's delicious recipe.  Dad saved the sausage for when Mike and I came and we had it tonight with Dad's homemade baked beans.  Quite delicious!  It has been years since I have eaten either one of these two food items.
After dinner we sat and visited for a while, then Mike and I headed back up here to the motorhome.

No comments:

Post a Comment