Monday, July 2, 2012

Still in Bismarck, North Dakota

The past couple of days here in Bismarck have been very busy.  Mike and I headed to his mom's house on Saturday to wash our new car that we bought right before our trip.  What a wonderful tow car.  It is great, but oh so dirty from being towed behind a diesel vehicle!  Once we finished washing our car we decided to wash Mike's mom's car.  Oh man, what a job!  She doesn't have a garage or a car port, so she parks it under her trees .  Do you know how hard it is to get tree sap off of a car once it has been sitting there drying and baking for weeks???????  Not fun.  But we did our best.

Yesterday we went back over to Mike's mom's house to get her yard in shape.  We spent over 5 hours working straight through without a break.  Mike cut her grass with a weed whacker because she gave away her lawn mower years ago.  I spent my time weeding all of ther flower gardens and her vegetable garden.  I also pruned her peony bushes and pulled all of the grass and weeds out of the patch.  I think I pulled about 10,000 volunteer Chinese Elm trees!

Today was a little bit more relaxing.  I headed out to get my nails done since it has been 3 1/2 weeks since I had them done.  Wow did they need it!  I then did a bit of shopping for things we needed and things I wanted.  What is the difference you might ask?  What Patty wants, Patty needs.  LOL!  Mike and his mom did a little bit of shopping on their own.  She has a couple of projects for Mike to do around her house, so they got the supplies that Mike needs to accomplish this.

Valerie and Leroy joined mom, Mike and me for dinner at mom's house.  We had such a nice visit.  Came back to the motorhome kind of early tonight so we could shower and relax.  Quite hot and muggy today.  Almost felt like the east coast. 

Well, till the next time.  Enjoy life all!

No comments:

Post a Comment